PROJECT MANAGER OPENINGS
Stones' Phones is looking to expand by hiring entry-level Project Managers. (PDF description available here)
Client Support for Account Executives/Strategists:
- Manage and compose client proposals, and create budgets and pricing in Excel
- Write, edit, and proofread scripts for call programs in Microsoft Word
- Create voter-targeting plans based on client goals
- Monitor and interpret reports and program results for clients
- Correspond with clients on program logistics and trouble-shooting
Marketing Support for Account Executives/Strategists:
- Manage political race tracking on campaigns, advocacy efforts, and organizations to maintain up-to-date research on clients
- Identify organizations and individuals that we can work with to advance our causes; provide updates on developments that could lead to new business with current or potential clients
- Draft blog posts to support firm’s content marketing strategy
- Compile call lists for senior staff members
- Manage and update CRM database
- Scan documents; make supply runs; answer phones; handle maintenance requests; assist in travel planning
- Provide back-up administrative support to other team members as needed
- Background in politics, advocacy, communications, or public policy is preferred, but not required. Strong interest in these areas, however, is necessary, along with a dedication to advancing liberal and progressive causes.
- Ability to work, communicate, and multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment with multiple deadlines, team members, and clients of diverse cultural backgrounds, all while maintaining strong attention to detail and unmatched organization. We want someone who can keep several balls in the air at the same time and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS X, with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships with high-level officials, client leads, staff, and vendors with confidence and professionalism; approach work with a joyful and can-do attitude; push work forward and adapt quickly as things change.
- Demonstrated ability to write concisely and persuasively.
- Occasional travel and irregular hours and evening hours; as election season draws to a close, expect to work campaign-like hours. Meals and travel expenses will be covered for any work outside of regular business hours.
- Ability to commit to the role through at least the 2020 election cycle.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Project Manager – Your Name” in the subject line. Do let us know if you prefer Columbus or DC.
Salary is in the mid-30s range with room for advancement. Stones’ Phones offers a generous benefits package, including healthcare, paid-time off, paid sick days, monthly SmarTrip benefits for Metro or bus travel, a profit-share 401k, and possibility of an end-of-cycle bonus. You’ll also benefit from a casual dress code, flexibility to occasionally work from home, and the opportunity to grow your network at the beginning of your political career.
Non-profits, political campaigns and advocacy organizations turn to Stones’ Phones when they need to engage voters, advocates, and donors in conversations on landlines and cell phones.
Often, they are challenged to get people to act – to vote, volunteer, donate, call their representative, or simply to voice their opinion. That challenge almost always comes with a deadline and we only have a small window to get the job done.
Our clients are blown away by the effectiveness of our programs, contacting millions of people and getting them to act in support of progressive campaigns and causes.
Our firm is based in Washington, DC with offices in Columbus, OH, Madison, WI and Rancho Mirage, CA. This position is open in both our Columbus, OH and Washington, DC offices.
STONES’ PHONES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Stones’ Phones is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to create the change we want to see in the world. Our firm is strengthened by our staff’s diversity: Regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other underrepresented characteristic, we strongly encourage you to apply. In addition, Stones’ Phones will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.